Thursday 4 July 2019

Moonfleet is sold

Moonfleet is sold. Thanks to help from Duke and the guys at my moorings down Boathouse Lane Moonfleets trailer was salvaged from where it languished in a marsh for years, got towed to Moonfleets new home and got new tyres and its bunks straightened ready for Moonfleets road trip down to Ipswich. Moonfleet and her trailer are now owned by a lovely couple who have an ideal mooring, similar floating pontoon to us but with a pub at the top of the ramp: Off the boat and drinking beer in less than 60 seconds - can't be bad. My boating interest is now pointed at Miss Darcy, a Dawncraft which needs a fair bit of help to move against the wind and I've still got Gesine, which remains at IBTC and is resisting all efforts to get her refloated - due as usual to lack of budget. Jane has opened Beespoke Books to produce custom childrens books. I've started learning to play the flute. That, I think, brings you up to date on my musings.

No comments: